The first simple thing you should do is power off the computer each week. When you do this, the computer will do a quick cleanup on every shutdown. Next, when you start to see a slow down in the PC, I would recommend defragmenting the computer. Its not as difficult as it seems. To defragment your computer, go to:
Start menu >>>
All Programs >>>
System Tools >>>
When your defragmenter window opens, you can press the ‘Defragment’ button, and let it start defragmenting your PC! According to this computer repair Naperville technician, this happens to be 1 of the greatest methods to fix a slow computer. When this step is complete, there are a couple more tactics for you to attempt to speed up your PC.
You might not possess enough hard disk drive space. Make sure that there happens to be at minimum 200-500MB of free hard disk drive space. This available space makes it possible for your computer to have space for the swap file to increase in size and also space for temporary files. You can delete the temporary internet files by following these steps:
1. Bring up internet explorer
2. Press ‘Tools’ and then go down to Internet Options
3. You'll now see a Delete Files and Delete Cookies button.
4. Press each one and empty them out by hitting ‘OK’. Also type c:WindowsTemporary Internet Files into the address bar and delete anything that may be in this directory.
5. After that, go to ‘Run’ that is located below the start menu, and type in ‘%temp%’. Delete all that happens to be in this folder too. Lastly, delete the recycling bin by right clicking on it and moving down to Empty Recycling Bin. The Naperville computer repair technician says this will quicken up the computer big time.
Lastly you have to search for malware. Currently, spyware and other malware happens to be a huge cause of many computer problems including a slow computer. Even if an anti-virus software happens to be installed on your computer I recommend completing a malware search on your computer.