With so many blogs being produced every day, it is a mystery to a lot of bloggers how to make their blog stand out. It is simple. Individuals want to read great content material, and with good content comes ad income. Well, perhaps it's not that easy... We've lastly unleashed the secrets of successful blog advertising.
Do note that these are not guaranteed to enhance your click-through ratios and they'll not bring good karma to you or your ads.. If only.. Nonetheless, these suggestions should benefit your blog to make it much more user-friendly, more easily accessible, and more content-enabled.
There are many kinds of blogs or purposes for blogs along with a certain number of tactics are applicable to just about all of them, so here is really a -short- list of tips for marketing and optimizing a weblog:
1. Decide on a stand alone domain name www.myblog.com or directory of existing website www.mysite.com/blog. Sub domain is also an option blog.mysite.com. Refrain from hosted services that do not allow you to use your personal domain name!
2. Acquire and install customizable blog software - WordPress and Moveable Type are my favorites.
3. Customize weblog look and feel templates - aka style.
4. Study key phrases and develop a glossary - Keyword Discovery, WordTracker, SitePoint, SEOBook Keyword Research.
5. Optimize the blog: * Template optimization - RSS subscription options, social bookmark links, HTML code, Unique title tags, URLs, Sitemap * Add helper plugins specific to WordPress or MT * Produce keyword rich categories (reference your keyword glossary)
6. Enable automatic trackback and ping functionality.
7. Create Feedburner Pro account and enable feed tracking.
8. Setup Google acount for Sitemap, validate and prep for future submission.
9. Identify authoritative blogs, internet websites and hubs for outbound resource hyperlinks and blogroll.
10. Format archived posts, related posts.
11. Enable statistics for tracking - Performancing, Google Analytics, ClickTracks.
12. Submit RSS feed and Weblog URL to prominent RSS and Blog directories / search engines.
13. Engage in an ongoing link building campaign.
14. If podcast or video content are available, submit to Podcast and Vlog directories.
15. Submit weblog url to paid directories with categories for blogs - Yahoo, BOTW, bCentral, WOW, JoeAnt.
16. Optimize and distribute a press release announcing weblog.
17. Request comments or critiques of your blog in relevant forums, discussion threads. If you have a resourceful post that will help other people, point to it.
18. Study and comment on relevant industry related blogs and blogs with substantial centers of influence.
19. Post regularly. If it's a news oriented blog, 3-5 times per day. If it's an authoritative weblog, 3-5 times per week, but every post should be distinctive and of high value.
20. Monitor inbound hyperlinks, visitors, comments and mentions of your blog - Google Alerts, Technorati, Blogpulse, Yahoo News, Ask Blogs and Feeds.
21. Always respond to comments on your blog and when you detect a mention of one's blog on another blog, thank that blogger within the comments of the post.
22. Make contact with related bloggers on AND offline if possible.
23. When making weblog posts always cite the source with a link and do not be afraid to mention popular bloggers by name. Use key phrases in the blog post title, in the body of the post and use anchor text when you link to previous posts you've made.
24. Use online community services, forums and discussion threads to get in touch with bloggers. If they like your stuff, they'll link to you.
25. Keep in mind when web sites were a brand new idea and also the sage advice to print your web address everywhere you print your phone number? A similar advice applies for your blog.
If you want more information on WordPress Tutorial, don't read just rehashed articles online to avoid getting ripped off. Go here: WordPress Templates